What Do You Do With a Half Price Shopping Cart?

About 6 months ago I bought a wire, folding shopping cart at the thrift store.  Why did I buy a shopping cart? Because it was during a half price sale so I got it for $3.50.  I know, it's an awesome reason for buying something that you may never use, isn't it?  

So, this shopping cart has been sitting on the back porch ever since I bought it.  Just sitting there.  Not doing a darn thing.  During Back Porch Cleansing 2011, I folded up the shopping cart with the intention of bringing it in the house and storing it in one of the closets.  


About 15 minutes after I'd folded it up, I turned around and lo and behold it was unfolded again.  For a fleeting second, I thought it might be possessed and that it had unfolded itself because it wanted to stay on the porch. Then common sense grabbed hold and I realized that Eric had unfolded it.  I'm not sure why he did.  I suppose he had his reason.  Maybe it was an act of defiance due to my bossiness assertiveness.  


Once I saw it unfolded, I decided it should stay on the back porch, because it could be used for something.  I just wasn't sure what.  

Later, while Eric and I were sitting on the porch reveling in its new found cleanliness, we were trying to figure out what the cart could be used for.  I remembered that I had a liner that used to be the liner in the clothes hamper, but it was always falling off and getting in the way.  So, I put the liner in the shopping cart, thinking that it would bring us an epiphany on how to use the thing.   


I think that inside the house it would be great for storing wrapping paper, or umbrellas and walking sticks and such.  If either of us still had kids running around that played sports, it would be ideal for holding sports equipment.  The only kid running around these days is Eric's daughter and she loves her laptop more than she'd ever love a baseball glove. And I'm not sure that I have room to put it anywhere in the house.  If we had any open air flea markets around here, I'd make it a new fancy liner with pockets and I'd take it shopping, but we don't have any around here outdoor flea markets here.  So, now the cart is still on the back porch doing absolutely nothing except for mocking me every time I walk by it.

I need your help. Can you guys think of anything I can use this for outside?  I'm not sure why I like it so much, but I do and I want it to be useful.  It is 12 x 18 inches and roughly 2 feet tall (not including the handles).

Whoever comes up with the best idea will win a fabulous trip for two to the Bahamas.  

Okay, that's not even a little bit true.  But you'll be smug in knowing that your idea was chosen out of everyone else's.  Won't that be great? 

Be happy,
Rachel 


Comments

  1. I keep having a vision of ice and cold beverages for the shopping cart. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! All I'd have to do is line it with a trash bag. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts