Fred Sanford, Eat Your Heart Out!

Do you know that I've somehow managed to blog every day this week? I think this might be some kind of small miracle.  Of course, most of the time I've been strung out on pain pills, so I'm not even sure what I've written.  Hell, I don't even know what I'm writing now.

We don't have any big plans for the weekend.  We might take a trip to Fayetteville on Saturday to do some thrifting. I really need to get the back porch cleaned and start decorating it. The problem is, I'm not supposed to be lifting anything because of my shoulder. It's really hard to do things with one hand.

Anway, I have big plans for the back porch.  Right now it's hideous and completely full of crap that doesn't belong on a porch.  Like... a chest of drawers that I'm in the process of painting.  An iron coffee table bottom - no glass - just the bottom; a 20 gallon aquarium with rocks in it; a variety of odd pieces of lumber and plywood; a cast iron pot rack; a few tubs of chainmail; a shopping cart (the folding flea market kind, not the kind you use at Target); a metal greeting card display holder; another coffee table - this one has a top; a folding work table; and there's really no telling what else.

You know what it's starting to look like?

After I get it cleaned off, here's my plans for it:

I'm going to staple white lights all over the ceiling of the porch and when I say that I'm going to, I mean Eric's going to.  I'm also going to hang glow in the dark stars that I've strung on fishing line.

And I have a chandelier to put out there because I don't have room for it anywhere in the house. And some big paper mache 3D stars.  And a bird cage that I'm going to make into a plant hanger. And possibly a set of windchimes.

I just realized how much stuff I'm going to have hanging from the ceiling.  It may end up being unsafe to sit under by the time I get everything hung. (Eric gets everything hung)

I also have some pretty crocheted curtains that I'm going to hang on one end of the porch. I already have quite a few plants back there, but I may get a few more.

I still have to find some kind of seating. Right now we have the cheap ass canvas chairs that scrunch together and fit into a bag.  I know they have a name, but I can't think of it right now. Anyway, they're definitely not what I want on the back porch. Eric snagged a couple of vintage, metal chairs at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago so I may just use those.

I really should take a "before" picture to share with you guys, but I may be too embarrassed to let you see just how bad it is.  I would like to document the transformation of the porch.  I'll have to think about it.  Maybe I'll just take a picture of it after I get it cleaned, but before I do any decorating.

But, I'll for sure take pics of my progress, so you can see the actual items I'm using to decorate with, not just random pics I stole from the Internet.

I hope all of you have a fabulously fantastic weekend.  Be safe.  Have fun.  Tell someone you love 'em.

Be happy,
Rachel

Comments

Popular Posts