Interview 9: Mary with Wick'd Creation

Well, now that we had a break from our normal Tuesday Etsy Seller interview, we're back on schedule.  Today's interview is with Mary from WickdCreation.  Mary makes all sorts of groovy things on top of doing a bunch of other stuff which you'll see in the interview.  Just reading what she does wore me out.  

So, on with the interview! 

1. Who are you and what do you do?

Jade Flower Earrings
My name is Mary Thomas and I run Wick'd Creation on Etsy. I also spend alot of time being captain of the greatest team on Etsy, April's Army. Aside from that, I am a wife to an awesome husband, a "mommy" of 3 cats, an Early Childhood Education student , a successful procrastinator, a junk collector, and a crazed scrapbooker.

I am an eclectic crafter and my shop is proof of that. I started my business selling candles and a few soaps, but now I also sell jewelry, greeting cards, trinket boxes and whatever else I feel like making. I have a bad case of crafter's ADHD and at my last job my nickname was Arts and Crafts.


2. Why do you do what you do?

Cotton Candy Sugar Scrub Soap
I was first inspired by my grandmother, who passed away when I was 11. She was a quilter, seamstress, dollmaker and all all around amazing lady. She taught me to sew and cook when I was 8 years old and I still love to do both. My second biggest inspiration came from a wonderful friend of the family, named Donna, who gave me a huge box of her leftover craft supplies when I was in high school. This spawned my love of all things crafty. 

3. How long have you been doing it? (Your craft/trade, not doing IT)

Gingerbread Candle
I have loved all kinds of crafts since I was a child. But I have actively been a crafter/creator since I was about 14. I have spent the last 15 years collecting all types of supplies and learning new techniqes. I've made candles since I was 19 and still work to get them just right. I didn't become a "soaper" until late last year but i have a great love for it.

4. What is your favorite popsicle flavor?

Banana, but I prefer ice cream. 

5. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? 
Tony Soprano's was probably the greatest home ever on television. Plus, who doesn't love The Sopranos. I don't watch much TV though, so maybe I'm not the best judge. 

6. What's your favorite breakfast food? 
Pancakes. Any kind that doesn't have blueberries anywhere near it. I hate blueberries. 

7. If you knew you could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? 
Singing in a band. I love to sing, and have been told I have talent, but I have the worst stage fright in the world. As in, I don't have to be anywhere near a stage to freak out about singing in front of people. But I would love to get over the anxiety and just sing my heart out in a rockabilly/psychobilly type band.

I think you all should all head over to
WickdCreation and buy some soap, or hair clips, or pendant or candle.  She wasn't kidding about being an eclectic crafter.  She can do it all!  

See you all tomorrow, and bring a friend! 

Be happy,
Rachel  

Comments

  1. I understand about eclectic crafting- hard to pin yourself down! Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary is a talented soul who is amazing to work with. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eclectic sampling in Mary's shop. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the feature, Rachel! It felt like my birthday seeing all my stuff on your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the interview, You are a great person and friend Mary. Get over that stage fright and go try out for American Idol!! Really, Do It!! You could make it, You will never know until you try!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts