Interview 8: Grace Louise from GoskAndMaggles

It's interview day again! Today's interview is with vintage seller Grace Louise from GoskAndMaggles on Etsy.  Her store is filled with vintage goodies at prices so good, you'll want to buy the entire shop! 


Vintage Laredo Leather Boots
1. Who are you and what do you do?

Hi there! I'm Grace Louise. I am a graduate Nurse, a natural light photographer, a wife, a pet-owner, an avid blog reader, an obsessive thrift store hunter, a sister, daughter and friend. I live on several acres in the country, and I love my life. 

2. Why do you do what you do?

1960s Hobnail Lamp
My momma had 5 kiddos and was the master of thrifting, and from a young age I always loved spending time with her in second hand stores. Once I grew up, got married and had a house of my own, I could think of nothing else then to fill it with unique pieces I found while shopping at the Goodwill, and garage sales. I love a good hunt, even if it means digging through piles of yuck, if there is a treasure at the bottom its well worth it!

Also, I have made it my life goal to avoid mass production. I refuse to step foot in stores like WalMart, and do my best to support Mom and pop stores. By shopping local, and second hand I feel like I am doing what I can to give back to my community and my country (total cheese factor)

Brass Apple Bell

3. How long have you been doing it?

I have been into photography since my childhood 35mm film camera. It wasn't until my recent investment in my DSLR that my love for photography has been renewed. 

I have also been into thrifting since a young age, and only dreamed of the day when I could support my obsession. Now, with the buy and sell market, I can enjoy the items in my house until I ship them off to someone else who will love them just as much! 

4. What’s the crappiest job you’ve ever had?
Laura Ashley Dress


Delivery driver for Little Ceasers. But, you gotta pay your way through school somehow, eh?!

5. What color is your kitchen? 

brown and red. Its a lovely country kitchen. 

6. If you won a $500 shopping spree and could only spend it at one store, which store would it be? 

ohhhhh, probably Buffalo Exchange. Its like top-shelf thrifting, but still thrifting! :))


Vintage Pyrex Cups
7. If you got 3 extra hours in one day, what time would they be between and how would you fill them?

I think the three extra hours would be best spent between 2pm and 5pm. This is typically my most productive time of the day. I would fill these hours with extra time with my hubby and pup.



Many thanks to Grace Louise for such a fabulous interview.  Now run to her shop and buy something - buy two or three somethings.  And when you're finished buying her out, head over to her
blog and give it some love.  

Be happy,
Rachel

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts