The Secret to Better Indoor Photographs.

I recently discovered something that has improved my indoor photography roughly 1,243,946,322%.  That's a pretty big number, huh?  Seriously, I wish I would have found this a long time ago.  It would have saved me so much time.

What's my miracle find?  A light bulb.  I know it's not very glamorous, but it's amazing! It's the GE Energy Smart Daylight 6500K bulb.  I call it my Magic Bulb Full of Awesome. 


Here is a pic I took that was pre-Magic Bulb. 
1960s Vintage Full Slip

YUCK! My pics were so yellow and dingy looking that I had to spend lots of time editing them and that's no fun.  

And here is a post-Magic Bulb pic. 

Handmade Garden Journal

I know, right?  It's amazing.  

My setup is two of the Magic Bulbs in a couple of 7 dollar clamp on reflector lights.  


I bought a two-pack of the light bulbs at Wal-Mart for $7.44.  The clamp lights were $6.97.  So, for a grand total of $21.38, I saved a buttload of time and maybe even a tiny sliver of what remaining sanity I may have. 

I do set the Av setting on my camera a little higher than normal for some pics, but I still don't have to do any editing other than resizing which I can do in bulk.  

So, if you're frustrated with the way your indoor pics are turning out, and don't want to spend a lot of money on professional lighting, go and spend the 20 bucks on a couple of clamp lights and Magic Bulbs.  It will be well worth your time.  

You probably don't want to ask for a "Magic Bulb Full of Awesome" at the store, though.  There's no telling what you'd end up with. 

Be happy, 
Rachel 

Comments

Popular Posts