UGH!

Last week I'd written today's post and had it scheduled to post this morning.  Sometime between then and now, Blogger lost my post.  All of it except for one paragraph.  I'm sorely disappointed.  This weekend I was busy with the art fair so I didn't have time to rewrite it.

It was hilarious, though, and may have been the funniest thing you've ever read.  Or it could have just been me rambling on about something of absolutely no consequence.  I can tell you it involved pig bladders and boobs.  I'll try and rewrite it sometime this week.  I'd try it this morning, but I have to be busy with other things that aren't nearly as fun.

I also had a post written for Friday which got lost.  It included a recipe for caramel sauce.  I'm not sure how I got on the subject of icing on that post, but I don't like icing.  I'd rather have a piece of cake with a sprinkling of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream.  But on my spice cake, I want caramel sauce.

This stuff is seriously easy to make and seriously divine to eat.

1/4 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c cream or half and half.

Put the butter and brown sugar in a heavy, medium sauce pan over medium heat.  Whisk until the butter is melted; whisk in the cream.  Whisk until brown sugar is dissolved and sauce is smooth.

It only takes a few minutes to make and will keep in the fridge for a pretty long time.  It may get a little granulated in the fridge, but once you reheat it, it will become smooth again.

You can add liqueur and spices to it, but make sure you add whole spices that you can strain out.  Powdered spices will make it gritty and no one wants gritty caramel sauce.  This is also good over ice cream and cheesecake.  Heck, you can drizzle it over fried eggs if you want, but I don't think it'd taste very good.

Tomorrow we'll have another interview with an Etsy seller.  YAY!

Be happy,
Rachel

Comments

Popular Posts