Here are some links:
- To register yourself as safe or to check on someone: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php
- If you are a medical professional wanting to help: https://www.showmeresponse.org
- For general volunteer opportunities you can call: 800-427-4626
- If you live near Fayetteville, Ozark Natural Foods is accepting food dontations
- If you are near Joplin, LifeChoices (531 E. 7th St.) is accepting donations of baby supplies
- The Heart of Missouri United Way has established the Joplin Tornado Relief Fund. 100% of donations will go directly to Joplin. 573-443-4523
- There is a Facebook page for the tornado recovery: http://www.facebook.com/joplinmo
- You can contact the Joplin Red Cross to see what items need donated: (417) 624-4411 or
- Missouri SEMA has a donation page: http://www.sema.dps.mo.gov/recover/donations.asp
- There is also a Facebook page for animals lost and found in the tornado: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Animals-Lost-Found-from-the-Joplin-Mo-tornado/185768248141000
- Another FB page to locate missing people: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joplin-people-accounted-for-after-the-storm/213004115400930
- Another FB page for the citizens of Joplin: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joplin-Tornado-Citizen-Checks-neighbors-helping-neighbors/173486139376210
If anyone is wanting to donate or volunteer, please go through an organization. Spontaneous volunteers are being turned away at the moment. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to help out with clean-up afterwards.
Stay safe and go tell someone you love that you love them.