It May Be a TKO


This is my haul from yesterday's flea markets. We only went to two, so I think we did pretty good. I haven't cleaned anything, yet, so don't mind the grime. 


These jars were only $1.50 each and the rust doesn't really look that barnacle-like, but it is a bit chunky. I'll knock off the chunks, but keep the rest of the rust. One is an Atlas and the other is a Ball. They will live in the workroom to hold art supplies. 


How cute is this set? Seriously, I LOVE this and if I was wont to having tea parties, I'd totally use it. However, I am more wont to paying the bills, so this set will be going into Curious Crow Vintage as soon as I clean it up and get photos. Oh, what is it? It's a little porcelain menu board and 6 place cards. You can use a china marker or dry erase marker on them. Maybe they're not place cards. Maybe you set them in front of each of the menu items, so people won't have to guess what the green stuff is. 
SO DARN CUTE!



Set of four Houze Art Season's Greetings glasses in the original box that will make their way into the vintage shop closer to the holiday season. They are in perfect condition, and considering they're still in the original box, I'd guess that they've never been used. 



The two black wire wall hangings, the iron rest and the clipper's blade were all bought as art supplies. I have no idea what I'll do with any of them, but I liked them. I think the wall hangings might become skirts for dolls.

Here is a blurry close up of the wall hanging. The insert is covered with glass, so I can take it apart and use it, as well. 

1920's or 30's era waffle iron. The cord looks like it's in really good condition, so I'm going to plug it in and see if it works. Not really. I'm going to have Eric plug it in and see if it works.  The coolest part about this? It was only two dollars! I almost fell over! 


This is just adorable and almost fits on my huge head. If I used hat pins - like directly into my scalp, it would probably stay on. I tried wearing it today and it kept popping off. It was quite entertaining. It may end up in the shop, or I may keep forcing it on my head until it stretches enough to fit. 


I have wanted a hat block for years and years and years. They sell on eBay for around 60-70 bucks. This was marked $20 and then the flea market chick (marketeer?) gave us a discount on our entire purchase. I will not sell this. This will be my indulgent purchase for the year. Seriously, I rarely buy anything for $20 for myself. Besides this one is the same size as my head, so if I ever want to make a hat, I have the block for it. 


I collect aprons, but this will end up in the vintage shop. I have too many, so I'm now only keeping the ones that are predominantly aqua blue. The cool thing about this one is that it's wide for those of us who have some child-bearing hips. 



This is a 1935 home economics book from Kansas State University. It's VERY thorough and has lots of photos. I love reading books like this and this will be a nice addition to my collection. I may have to blog about some of the better excerpts. 


How cute is he? I'm assuming it's a he due to his Alfalfa like 'do. It's rare to see a subject smiling in old photos, so this one will be kept. However, I may scan the little guy and put a hippo head on him or maybe a dinosaur head. You never know.  For those of you who are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, this will explain. 


I got a brand new pair of roller skates. They'll be going in the vintage shop and will probably be more of a prop to draw people into the shop rather than something that will sell quickly. One of them is missing its toe piece, but I still think they're way groovy. 


A terrible pic, but it's the only one I have of the whole suitcase. It's a "Trip-Taker", and looks like it was made for teenagers. I'm going to repair the side and probably convert this into a medicine cabinet. It's supposed to have a mirror down the middle, so that will be replaced. Then I'll just have to add shelves.  I'm not sure what the date of the newspaper is that's in the bottom, but it was advertising prime rib for 98 cents a pound! 



I'm not sure what it is, and I'm positively sure I don't want to know what it is. Gloves will be required for its removal. 



I think this will be the find of the day, at least profit wise. This is John L Sullivan and he was a famous boxer in the late 1800s. I haven't completed my research on him, but what I've read is pretty cool. I hate boxing, but still found it very interesting. I wanted the picture because you don't often find vintage photos like this, I had no idea that this dude was as famous as he was. Love the pose. Love the tights!  This will go on eBay and hopefully there will be a plethora of bidders fighting over it. 

So there are my finds from yesterday. Not too shabby for only two flea markets in a podunk town in Arkansas. We're off today to another small town in Arkansas to hit some thrift stores. Hopefully, I'll snag some more great finds. 

I hope you all have a marvelous Thursday! 

Rachel


Comments

Popular Posts