It's Been a Long, Long Time

I haven't posted anything on here since the end of August. I see a lot of bloggers write the same thing - that they haven't blogged in forever. Then they make a promise to post more. I promise I'll post every day! And that doesn't happen. Then they feel the need to apologize to their readers, and they make more promises to write. I would imagine at that point they're just having a big ol' guilt fest about their blog.

Part of the reason I haven't blogged here is because I felt that my writing had to be at a certain level in order for me to post it. The other day, I realized that kind of thinking is ridiculous. It's just a blog. I'm not being graded. I'm not being paid to write this. I don't have to be witty or insightful. I can make mistakes on here. I can be wrong. I can simply post a photo one day and call it good. The next day, I may just post a quote. This is so completely freeing to me. As for the people who are going to judge me based on a blog, well, I don't really need them cluttering up my life.


I'm not going to promise anything about how often I'll post on here. I'll share things when I am able and have the mental energy to do so. I'll let all of you know via Facebook and Twitter when I've updated the blog. I hope you'll stop by once in awhile and read what I have to say. Please leave comments if you are so inclined.

All the best,
Rachel




Comments

Popular Posts