WTH, Facebook?

I normally keep my Facebook page and blog clear of any cursing, but Facebook has driven me to say...what the hell, Facebook? 


I posted a status update a couple of weeks ago about all of you needing to make sure that you had selected to make The Curious Crow page show in your newsfeed. But I didn't tell you why. 


The why is that Facebook has changed the way pages work and in order for my posts to get to everyone, Facebook wants me to pay anywhere from $5 - $15 dollars per post. What the hell, Facebook? 


Here is a screen shot of The Curious Crow's FB  page. This particular post reached 497 people. At the time, there were over 2000 fans, so it obviously only reached a small portion of you. I still don't know where the 20% comes into play. 

The thing that ticks me off is that I'm already giving FB a chunk of money every month for an ad. An ad that is used to bring in more page fans. An ad that I'M ALREADY PAYING FOR SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR MY FANS TO SEE MY POSTS?

It's as though FB has said, thanks for the money, but we're going to need a little lot more. So again I say, "what the hell, Facebook"? 

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that as an independent artist, I can't afford to pay 5-15 bucks every time I want a post to get to the majority of my fans - especially when I'm already paying for an ad. 

UGH! 

So, if you still want to see posts from The Curious Crow and other of your favorite FB pages, you need to make sure you're subscribed to their feed. You can do this by following the instructions in this pic: 



Please pass the info along to anyone you think might need to know. 

Thanks for reading! 

Rachel

Comments

Popular Posts