Someone Go Get the Mystery Machine

Since you guy were so awesomely smart about my hangie up thing, I thought I'd throw another mystery your way.  

I picked up this little guy at the thrift store, but I have no idea what he's supposed to be.  (Yes, I know for a fact that it's a boy - don't ask how I know that).  

It's only 3.5 inches tall and 3 inches across the top.  There is no maker's mark.  The outside of the glass is covered in little tiny bumps - kind of like he has goosebumps.  I'm sure that's not the technical way to describe it, but I'm not exactly a technical person.  





The fan design on the side looks Art Deco to me.  The glass is really thick.  If I hit someone over the head with it, they would definitely know they'd been hit over the head. Not that I'd ever do that.  Hahahaha.  Yeah, right.   

My guesses are: 

Ice bucket for people with teensy little hands who like teensy, little ice cubes
Sugar bowl
Short vase
Jelly server
Salt cellar 

So, any of you know what this is?  (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's really an ice bucket for miniature ice cubes, because how cute would that be?)

Be Happy,
Rachel

Comments

  1. How about a miniature vase for some lovely purple pansies? Would make a great centerpiece for a little girl's tea party table.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts