Bob the Wonder Cat

When I moved in with Eric, I inherited two cats.  Bob and Lucy.  I'm going to introduce you to Bob today.  We'll save Lucy for another time.  

Bob may have a boy's name, but she is, indeed, a girl cat.  She was saddled with the name Bob, because she can't meow.  So, she's named after Silent Bob.  She squeaks once in awhile in an attempt to meow, but most of the time she just opens her mouth and mimes a meow.  I've thought about making her mime downtown for loose change, but I don't think she'll go for it.  Besides, it'd be hard to get that black and white mime makeup to stick to her fur.  

Bob loves to drink out of the bathtub faucet.  Every time I go anywhere near the bathroom, she makes a mad dash to the tub for a drink.  I've forgotten what it's like to pee in private.  There's always a cat watching me.  I had a picture of her drinking out of the tub, but now I can't find it. Just imagine a cat drinking out of the bathtub faucet.  

Bob also loves bags - especially plastic ones that make crinkly sounds.  If I set a bag down, before I'm finished putting away whatever was in it, Bob has taken up residence in the bag.  


I'm not sure how a cat who's so lazy that she has to lay down to drink out of her water dish, can move so fast when it comes to bathtub water or plastic bags.

Occasionally, the bags get the better of her.  

She wasn't very happy that I was taking pictures of her rather than extricating her from her bag necklace.  If she could talk, I'd imagine that she would have been using some not so very ladylike words to voice her disgust with me. 

Bob's not what most people would call "intelligent" or "bright".  In fact, some might choose to give her a description that begins with "clinically".  But, I can't help but love her.  She is so completely sweet, and is one of the most affectionate cats I've ever known.  



Just look at that adorable face! 

Be happy, 
Rachel

Comments

Popular Posts